Reporting to the Aluminum Melting Supervisor. He/she will be in an hourly position in the production of aluminum and magnesium sand castings.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Glendale, Inc. is looking for handy and energetic Aluminum Melting Laborer for our Melting Department in the Glendale facility.
Magellan Aerospace, Glendale facility offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
- Ability to complete work assignment within the time allotted
- Must be motivated, energetic and pay attention to details.
- Able to free lift up to 50 lbs., standing, walking, bending and stooping most of the day.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Must have good attendance.
- Must be able to work overtime when required.
- Must be able to work in a variety of different work environment both indoor and outdoor.
- Repetitive motion
- Frequent walking back and forth
- Position requires continuous walking standing on concrete surface
- Repetitive hand, wrist movements 8-10 hours daily.
- Frequent bending and stooping
- Frequent lifting, occasionally drives
- Continuously using hand motion/fine manipulation
- Demonstrated strong work ethic
- Detail orientated and able to multi-task
We offer a full benefits package including paid holidays and vacation your first year of employment (pro-rated). Medical, dental and vision is offered at 90 days employment. 401k with employer match is available after 3 months continuous employment. We have company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.