Agronomist, Swan River, MB
Our client, a major player in the agronomic service and supply sector, currently has an opportunity for an Agronomist to join their team at their Agribusiness Centre located in Swan River, MB. The Agronomist contribute to the overall success of our client’s customers and business – being the one farmers rely on for agronomic support and advice and who the team rely's upon for technical sales support.
Our client, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and a leader in the agribusiness sector, supports Canadian farmers throughout the growing season – providing agronomic services and advice, selling crop inputs, buying their crops at harvest and selling them to markets around the world through the most efficient network of high throughput Business Centres in Western Canada.
Swan River, MB is a beautiful lakeland location in NW Manitoba, near the SK border. The area is known for it's great outdoors activities and friendly community. Our clients' location has many long- term employees spanning the age range and focused on providing the best client experience possible. Our client prides itself on employee satisfaction and retention, reaching these goals with training, development and industry leading salary, bonus and benefits programs. Relocation assistance will be considered for the right candidate
- Visit producers on their farms to discuss/identify their agricultural needs specific to agronomy and crop production
- Contributing to increased sales volumes and overall location profitability by adding technical expertise to the sales team
- Provide agronomic services such as soil testing, recommendation of crop products and other agronomy services
- Develop opportunities for live demonstrations and tours with customers
- Degree/Diploma in Agriculture, or similar, as well as previous experience in crop inputs, recommendations and service
- Strong communication, people and organizational skills
- The Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) designation would be considered an asset, although our client will support the right candidate to attain same
Our client, a leader in the Canadian agribusiness sector, provides an industry-leading compensation package, consisting of a competitive salary, matching pension, flexible benefits plan and industry leading training and career development opportunities.
We invite you to reach out to the senior recruiter for this role, with your resume and cover letter outlining your suitability, commitment and applicability for this role: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grasslands Recruitment Specialists understands our work is always about the customer’s customer. If you have a significant understanding of today’s broadacre farming practices, we want to hear from you!
Click here to apply online
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
Click here to apply online