As an expert Agronomist, you are naturally inquisitive about better ways to plant/seed without negative impact on soil health and quality.
Work for a company that seeks solutions to increase food production; investing in people and technology. Help producers to get the most out of every seed! This is your chance to have a direct influence on how/when agronomic prescriptions are applied.
Reporting to the Director of Agronomy, in this key home-based position, you will join our client's western Canadian product innovation team to represent broad-acre agronomy. Co-develop precision agriculture hypotheses to improve producer efficiencies and profitability. You will use your deep familiarity with crop inputs - and their application methods - to advance precision agriculture. This is a collaborative problem-solving and decision-making team in which you will be a critical and influential member.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- 10+ years of related agronomy experience
- In-field production systems knowledge for cereal crops, canola, and pulse crops
- Experience in developing and appraising agronomic hypotheses
- Knowledge of reliable field trials
- Hands-on experience with the latest in innovative precision farming technologies
- Interest in and experience with advanced agricultural seeders, drills, etc
- Solid cross-functional communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Ag designation or Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) designation
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Agronomy or a related field
If you want your application to catch our attention, in addition to the above, clearly identify your experience:
- Interpreting agronomic data and can articulate how it impacts farming as a business
- Diagnosing in-field problems and making recommendations to producers
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 60% within Canada, the USA, and occasionally internationally
Our client offers an attractive, competitive compensation range depending on experience. This information, and full details regarding the position, will be shared with short-listed candidates. Relocation assistance may also be available.
NOTE: Candidates applying for this position must have the proper work authorization to work in Canada to be considered for this position. Canada visa sponsorship is NOT available for this role. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application as we are not licensed to assist with immigration. Those with temporary work permits or those located outside of Canada cannot be retained in our database.
Click here to apply online
Want more detailed information? Contact Blair at 1.844.778.1031 to discuss the selection process and to establish your interest and intent to proceed.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!