We have been exclusively engaged by a century-old organization to find an Agro Sales Supervisor with a proven track record of increasing market share, who desires a position that utilizes a consultative sales approach. In this role, you will maintain and grow a defined customer-base in the Lloydminster area; providing value and unique solutions. In addition to managing your accounts, 20% of your time will include the leadership of the agronomic sales team.
In this senior role, Essential Functions include:
- Selling Crop Input products and farm supplies (i.e. feed, equipment) to producers in the region.
- Proactively seek to become a key part of your client's business decision-making process in choosing agronomic products
- Ensuring sales targets and margins are consistently met or exceeded
- Actively scout fields for customers
- Actively involved in the annual sales planning for the Agronomic team
- Maintain and oversee weekly call plans to maximize sales coverage for the region
- Update customer information within the Customer Relationship Management database
- Provide timely service, agronomic information, and advice
- Ensure contractual obligations are met with regards to the movement of farm supplies
- Ensure accounts meet credit policy
- Provide leadership guidance, coaching, training and mentoring to the agronomic sales staff, these will be indirect reports
- Represent the company at area promotional activities
- Work closely in a positive team setting to best serve customers
- Participate in and provide training to maintain product and technical knowledge
To be considered, you must offer:
- Completion of an Ag Degree, Diploma or Certificate is preferred
- Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) and/or P.Ag. is an asset
- Strong understanding and experience in agriculture sales, specifically seed, chemical and fertilizer
- Proven sales ability in maintaining and growing customer accounts
- Previous experience in a supervising role (directly or indirectly)
- Intermediate level MS Office skills
- Ability to build and foster effective business relationships, both internally and externally
- Ability to formulate and deliver ideas and materials in a clear and concise manner
- Willing and able to work occasional weekend, evening, and/or overnight travel as required
- A valid class 5 driver's license and willingness to travel locally to current and potential clients
- Canadian Social Insurance Number (SIN)
Our client offers a challenging and supportive work environment, with opportunities for growth, a highly competitive compensation package (salary+bonus), complete benefits, profit-sharing, matching pension, and more! Reporting to the Vice President of Agriculture, you will work closely with the management team to ensure regional sales remain on-track!
Apply today to confidentially discuss the selection process and to establish your interest and intent to proceed. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. Connect with firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Not the position for you? Consider our referral policy!
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
Click here to apply online