Our client contracts with numerous players within the crop protection industry for contract sales projects. The intention of each project is to work with agricultural retailers and/or growers to discuss promoted products or services; helping retailers develop a sales strategy for the brand in the upcoming season. As such, our client is being proactive and is seeking experienced sales people interested joining their database on an on-call basis (with option to decline).
As per each assignment, you would be required to meet with an assigned retailer to discuss products and their agronomic fit for their client-base. This is not cold-calling, these would be warm calls.
If you like having the summers off, and can commit the required hours per day during the project period, this is a great opportunity for:
To be successful, you offer:
- Retirees/semi-retirees with agriculture sales background
- Stay-at-home parents
- Farmers that want a project between harvest and seeding
- Individuals working part-time
What's in it for you?
- Desire to help growers/retailers develop strategies to improve their operations and practices
- Past experience selling or marketing crop protection products/service required
- Ability to do day-travel to visit retailers/growers during the project timeline (normally in the Fall/Winter months)
- Experienced and willing to influence growers of the product/service offered
- Capable to clearly communicate details of a product; building awareness and educating in a very natural and spontaneous way
- Ability to make presentations in a relaxed manner
- Ability to capture 'buying signals' and to capture the interest from visited growers
- Available and willing to attend a training session in-person or via webinar prior to the start of the project
- Detail-oriented with excellent communication skills; complete reports concisely and on-time
- Access to a computer, email, and fax/scanner with quality internet
- Self-starter that sees rejection as a challenge!
- Average of $30-40/hour
- An employer that has been in the business for over 30 years
If this sounds like something that would appeal to you, we invite you to apply today. More information will be shared with those with potential and we will garner your written authorization prior to sharing any of your information with our client.Please note, there isn't a specific geographic focus for these contract roles. Projects have occurred within the Canadian prairies, Ontario, Quebec (bilingual required), and the United States midwest and northwest.Click here to apply online