Reporting to the Vice President of Logistics for one of the largest global commodities distributors in the world with over 11 terminals across the USA. Our client offers drayage & trucking services, container shipment management, and 24-hour service & capacity.
The Agriculture Pricing and Procurement Specialist will drive revenue while handling moderately complex supply chain activities required to bring commodity ingredients into contracted warehouses, vendors, plants, or direct to customers. The successful individual will become intimately familiar with the organization’s service model to develop an annual sales plan that drives revenue generation from both existing and new accounts while ensuring customer satisfaction. Works with internal teams on sales quotes and fosters relationships with external partners to obtain preferential pricing and service levels. Provides transportation and logistics solutions on movement of raw commodities from origin to destination. Executes logistics activities supporting supply chains, such as transportation capacity plans, management of third-party warehouses and vendors, container administration, and import shipments. Performs routine scheduling, transportation arrangement, stock inventory management and shipments’ reporting in accordance with purchase and sales contracts. Manages shipments, creates internal and external purchase orders and invoices, and performs data entry updates using enterprise resource planning systems, spreadsheets, and databases. Deploys a value-added selling process, including managing the account at all levels, developing appropriate relationships, and understanding all player’s roles within the account. Understands the spectrum of customer needs from transactional to trusted advisor and applies and executes sales tactics appropriately. Understands the customer’s business strategy, challenges, and opportunities to drive meaningful conversations and values for all stakeholders. Develops and maintains intra-company relationships consistent with the organization’s values. Other duties as required and assigned.Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Sales experience in the agricultural commodities industry
- Proven track record of generating positive sales results (3 years)
- Sales plan creation and execution (goals, objectives, and KPIs)
- Territory and contact management.
- Negotiations and problem solving.
- Data-driven analysis and action planning (rates, ratios, graphs)
- Basic math principles (add, subtract, multiply, divide, fractions, decimals, percentages)
- Travel: Up to 50%.
- Computer skills: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Windows.
- Residence: Home Office (USA)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university
- Sales experience in the cotton industry
- Hunter mentality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Exceptional organization, planning, multi-tasking, and time management.
- Effective presentation skills to customers, clients, and staff.
- Customer service orientation.
- Strategic thinking.
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Managing Director: Gustavo Stille
Freight Forwarding TransportationGStille@GlobalESG.com
330.664.9400, ext.130Click here to apply online