Agriculture OEM Sales Manager
Our international client is a privately owned Tier 1 automotive manufacturing firm headquartered in Ontario. Known for their components and enclosures, they are looking to develop a brand new and incremental industrial (agriculture, mining, construction equipment) market - becoming the OEM supplier of choice for your new clients. You would, ultimately, be the first business development representative for their new industrial division. First become the 'go-to' Technical Sales Manager and eventually co-establish an international technical sales team. This is an opportunity for a highly-skilled Sales Manager to develop a new vertical and potentially lead and guide our client's success trajectory and market penetration. As this market develops, earn additional internal career opportunities.The key functions of this role are:
To be successful in this wide-open, untapped market, you offer:
- Develop relationships, beyond the supply chain, directly with Design/Production Engineering Leaders within OEM Power/Capital Equipment Manufacturers
- Identify and proactively pursue new strategic business opportunities; developing Technical Review presentations
- Offer solutions to production/design/supply problems within the product offering
- Initiate and lead commercial discussions, quote proposals, participate in technical reviews, and provide communication between our client and its OEM customers
- Work with the internal Engineering and Production Group to develop prototypes or retrofit existing production items to meet client specifications; articulate and communicate design requirements/flaws
- Maintain a conscientious exchange of commercial and engineering information between and within the company and its customers
- Act as the customer liaison directly interacting with OEM customers and representing the manufacturing division
- Write orders and queue deliveries
- An engineering degree from an accredited College or University; Mechanical Engineering/Technologist with OEM Experience preferred
- Minimum 10 years of agriculture, lumber or construction experience required; either in technical sales at equipment manufacturer/supplier or other equivalent experience
- Excellent customer relationship skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of customer products and business practices
- Valid documentation for international travel is required - travel required for customer visits to their technical center for engineering reviews, manufacturing site visits, and launch support activities
- Strong familiarity with MS Office applications
- Broad understanding of machining, stamping, plastics, electrical components, and processing methods and procedures.
- Above average communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to successfully engage and interact with all levels of employees in a multicultural environment.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English. Other language skills would be beneficial.
- Understanding of GD&T principles and relationship to various manufacturing processes
- Willingness to regularly travel, as required, to meet with decision-makers