Agricultural Land Appraiser (Trainee)
We are assisting a well-respected company to add a great apprentice/trainee to their extensive agricultural team. This young, dynamic agricultural consulting company operates within the finance, project management, valuations, and appraisal industry.
This is an entry-level role with paid training to earn fully accredited Ag Appraiser designation. Working with a mentor, your days will include the data-entry component of appraisal work, independent study hours to complete your appraisal course, and 'field-days' visiting various farms, agricultural corporations, and land-based assets with an accredited appraiser. Once you have the confidence to do independent project work, you will work within the team dynamic to complete assignments.
To be considered for this progressive role, the following are required:
Sound intriguing? Within this career-path, the following competencies have been identified for success:
- Graduated with a Post-secondary degree in Finance, Business, Ag-Business, Economics or Commerce within the past 3-5 years
- Have 3-5 years' experience working within a professional office environment
- Have an agricultural background (education, work experience, or grew up on a farm)
- Are willing to commit to, and complete, a 2-4 year independent home-based study program through University of British Columbia
- Reside, or are willing to reside, within 30 minutes of downtown Edmonton
- A Canadian Social Insurance Number (SIN)
If you have a desire to become a Specialist as an agricultural land appraiser and can see the opportunity offered, we invite you to apply today!
- Attention to Detail and Accuracy
- Enjoy working with numbers and the satisfaction of data-entry
- Desire to work cohesively in a professional team environment
- Understanding of Real Estate an asset
- A network within the agricultural community
What's in it for you?
If you are a results-driven, goal-setter with the desire to take ownership of your success, and you have all the mandatory qualification listed above, then we recommend you apply for this role. While we appreciate all those applying, due to the number of applications, only those that meet the requirements will be contacted.
- A Career Path with paid training and paid study time!
- On-the-job training with a mentor
- Guaranteed increase in remuneration upon completion of designation as fully accredited Ag Appraiser
- A young, vibrant office culture