Our client, a long-established short-line and specialty farm equipment manufacturer, is one of the few Canadian companies entering the self-propelled equipment segment. They offer an established organization with an excellent market reputation. Large enough to have an impact but small enough to know everyone on the team. Your work will be interesting, varied, and critical to the success of farming customers in both the animal and cropping sectors.
Your hands-on, creative, adaptable, and proven ability to produce and improve unique products would be a great fit for this nimble, well-managed organization. An upper-intermediate Engineer, you are adept at taking the lead and bringing new ideas forward. You have enjoyed a track-record of increasing influence and interest in the engineering of steel-based movement equipment in the ag-farm sector.
Does this describe you?
- A generalist in design – able to wear multiple hats, from product-concept to marketing
- Experience in steel-product design in machinery, including hydraulics, electronics, and controls
- 3D modelling, prototypes, field testing, production support, and marketing support
- Enjoy getting your hands dirty and work in an environment that supports being self-directed
- Project management, working within and leading teams to bring a design to production
- Enjoy working in the agricultural industry - from animal to crop care
- New product development interests
- Regional and International travel, a chance to attend major international ag shows
- Passion for R&D
- People management skills
Joining this R&D Engineering team will allow you to design new and unique products, making improvements to existing products - truly adding value and direction within a tight, focused team. There is potential to conceptualize and design new items, bring about new ideas, and collaborate on the next ‘new’ product in the essential ag industry!
Full position and client details will be provided to short-listed candidates.
To excel in this role, your background profile includes:
- Strong knowledge of, and interest in, current Canadian farming practices and related technology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering
- 6+ years of design experience, focusing on steel and hydraulics
- Experience with metal fabrication and the latest manufacturing techniques
- An agricultural/farming background; crop and/or livestock experience
- Project management experience, PMP certification an asset
- Experience and proficiency with Solidworks (or similar) CAD software
- Experience and proficiency with Algor or similar FEA packages
Working with the Engineering Manager, a high-level R&D Engineer himself, this will be a great opportunity to work with the best and further elevate your career!
Our Client offers a competitive salary, complete benefits package, flexibility in banked hours (in lieu, etc.) and a interesting varied career with opportunity to lead, design, innovate and even travel. Located 30 min from the City of Saskatoon – you can choose the best of rural or urban living!
Click here to apply online
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview would be contacted.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you personally would like more information on, contact Edward at firstname.lastname@example.org Not the position for you? Consider our referral policy!
NOTE: Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application as we are not licensed to assist with immigration. Those with temporary work permits or those outside of Canada cannot be maintained in our database.
Grasslands Recruitment Specialists - Connecting Canadian Agriculture since 1996!
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!