Grasslands Recruitment Specialists is a Canadian Agribusiness/Agri-Food Recruiting Firm. We are in the business of Connecting Canadian Agriculture; uncovering talented and qualified candidates that demonstrate great predictability of workplace success. We focus on finding the best candidates for our clients, not necessarily the most available candidate.
We are looking for a professional Search Consultant/Recruiter to manage the recruitment process from initial client discussion to offer stage and beyond! You must be able to attract first-rate talent and to ensure lasting and successful placements. Your goal is to build mutually beneficial relationships with clients and candidates.
The Search Consultant will have the assistance of our national support team, consisting of Project Coordinators, Search Consultants, and Business Manager; working together to build capacity and ensure client satisfaction. This support team assists with proposals, contracts, sourcing, pre-screening, marketing documentation, reference checking, and applicable third-party background checks.
The goal is to always exceed client expectations and to add value to the agricultural industry. The farming and food supply sector provides 1 in every 8 jobs in Canada; over 2.3 million people are employed in various parts of the industry. Help us feed the world!
Those with 10+ years of experience in Executive Search complemented by 5+ years experience in Canadian Agribusiness (preferably Grain/Food or Animal Health/Nutrition) are invited to apply.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Identify and develop excellent relationships with client representatives
- Partner with clients to get a clear view of their strategic and financial objectives and hiring needs
- Assess and respond to the needs of each particular client or assignment actively
- Track and identify prospective candidates using a variety of channels; briefing prospects on the opportunities offered by the client(s)
- Assess candidates through detailed conversations to ensure qualification match, cultural fit and compatibility
- Present shortlisted candidates and provide detailed profile summaries; focus on the quality of not the number of introductions
- Offer guidance and facilitate the negotiation process through to its completion
- Follow up with clients and assist with the candidate’s transition and onboarding process
- Network and build long-lasting client relationships
- Know your area(s) of expertise within the agribusiness/agri-food industry
- Research and develop recruiting leads
Your Application Can Demonstrate:
- Proven success in the recruiting industry
- A strong and proven track record in sales, networking, and/or client development abilities
- Proficiency in using applicant tracking systems (ATS), recruiting software and candidate databases (PC Recruiter an asset)
- Strong knowledge of candidates pre-screening methods
- Previous experience with candidate sourcing tools and methods
- Excellent knowledge of agribusiness/agri-food (market status, trends, best practices)
- Client focus along with relationship building skills
- Business acumen and market insight
- Effective negotiation, influencing and communication skills
- The ability to overcome objections and be persistent
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Post-secondary education beneficial
What Is In it For You?
- Work from home in a connected internet-based system
- Focus on the right ‘type fit’ and away from the standard ‘technical recruitment by numbers’ practice
- Utilize proven technology to streamline process and improve the human connection
- Office allowance
- Comprehensive and ongoing training/coaching/mentoring in all aspects of the job
- Comfortable base salary plus commissions structure
NOTE: Candidates applying for this position must have the proper work authorization to work in Canada in order to be considered for this position. Canada visa sponsorship is NOT available for this role. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application as we are not licensed to assist with immigration. Those with temporary work permits or those located outside of Canada will not be retained in our database.
Click here to apply online
Want more confidential information? Contact Blair at 1.844.778.1031 to discuss the selection process and to establish your interest and intent to proceed.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!