Magellan Aerospace, Haley has an exciting opportunity for a Core Maker - Foundry. This position is located out of our manufacturing hub in Haley Station, Ontario and provides an excellent starting point to building a career within the aerospace industry. In this role, you will operate a blower machine, use a continuous mixer, prepare coreboxes, and prepare test samples among the many other exciting responsibilities.
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Company social events including company BBQs, service awards, children and adult winter holiday parties, and annual golf tournament
• Employee Assistance Program
• Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
• Free parking
• Receive work assignments from foreman or supervisor.
• Pick up or order required patterns and coreboxes, clean, prepare and loads cores, patterns or coreboxes, onto line or core blowing machine.
• Prepare pattern or coreboxes in terms of appropriate sleeves , chills, risers, frames, tex vent, plastic locators, lifting hooks and arbours and spray chills with required chill wash as per foundry technique .
• Use continuous mixer or transports sand to place in patterns or core boxes and loads sand into blowers when required. Pack sand by hand in core boxes.
• Place chills, tex vent, insulating sleeves in pre-designated position of cores when required, finishes ramming, strikes off box face of core with straight edge.
• Operate blower machine to fill box and operates blower or gassing cabinet to gas and purge cores. 7. Place pattern or core box in position on roller conveyor or uses transfer cart to position on rollover.
• Strip cores from all boxes either manually or using rollover.
• Stripe cores of all loose pieces, inspect cores, performs preliminary cleaning of cores as required.
• Transport cores and molds to designated areas by a lift truck.
• Calibrate and records data for SPC charts.
• Prepare tests and samples.
• Communicate with Management on job-related issues and areas for improvement.
• Observe plant safety rules and regulations .
• Grade 10 or equivalent in job experience/training
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!