Our client, a pivotal force in the global commercial vehicle sector, is currently seeking an Advanced Vehicle & Powertrain CAE Engineer to join their technical center in Mt. Vernon, WA. The company has been innovating the transportation industry for over a century.
Why work here?
The client maintains a high regard for their employees’ well-being by providing competitive compensation ($93K-$145.5K) & some of the best benefits on the market (Fully funded pension plan, 10 PTO days & 12 paid holidays, comprehensive health plans, 401K match up to 5%). They are dedicated to the development of cutting-edge commercial vehicle technology and are driving change in the transportation industry. This company is steadily growing and offers employees the opportunity to drive meaningful change.
The Advanced Vehicle & Powertrain CAE Engineer is responsible for model development, validation & application, leading & guiding discussions with suppliers, and ensuring performance targets are met:
- Use CAE tools to develop & improve energy management solutions for HD & MD trucks
- Lead & guide requirement development & component selection
- Develop plant models for MIL to HIL and support controls development
- Validate & improve model fidelity and manage correlations with suppliers’ data
- Execute design optimizations using computation tools
- Report & communicate results to team and stakeholders
- B.S. or Graduate Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar
- 2+ years of experience with 1-D modeling, particularly for powertrain & vehicle systems
- Solid thermodynamics background
- Fundamentals in e-powertrain technologies
- Understanding of design optimization, edge case identification
If you are interested in learning more, please apply to this posting.