Administrator Primary Care
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Assistant Administrator Primary Care for a great opportunity in Montgomery, AL area. The ideal candidate will possess 7 years of current experience working in a healthcare setting and have 5+ years of experience working in a Healthcare Administration in a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Administrator Primary Care
- Assists the Jackson Clinic Administrator by overseeing the total operations and activities of the physician clinics.
- Provides guidance and direction to office staff within their specific area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the organization, coordination, analysis, and direction of efficient and effective daily operations of the physician offices.
- Functions as a primary physician liaison.
- Actively participates as a member of management in strategic planning, market development, systems development and special projects.
- Manages all Medical Assistants, LPN’s and RN’s.
- Prepares and conducts bi-weekly payroll and all performance evaluations for staff.
- Works closely with the physician’s to ensure physician satisfaction and investigate patient/physician complaints.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly statistical and financial reports.
Participates in monthly reviews with Clinic Administrator and Physicians.
- Presents Joint Commission education meetings to staff.
- Performs monthly Joint Commission audits and office inspections to assure compliance with all regulatory standards and JH policies.
- Responsible for weekly review and approval of accounts payable.
- Responsible for managing office expenditures and maintaining office overhead objectives.
- Ensuring all clinical staff credentials and licenses are current.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely billing of office charges.
Requirements of the Assistant Administrator Primary Care
- 7 years’ experience in Health Care Administration or large physician practice required.
- 5 years’ experience of progressive management in a large physician practice required.
- Experience in a physician organization or clinical practice setting with primary care experience
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or related field required.
- Master’s in Health Administration preferred.
- Medical Group Management Association affiliation desired.
- Medical terminology required.
- Computer skills including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of physician office billing, credit and collections, reimbursement issues, insurance follow-up, financial statements and third party payors required.