Magellan Aerospace is looking for an Administrative Coordinator to join our corporate team! The successful incumbent will have administrative, business support, and general communications accountabilities, as well as providing the day‐to‐day office management support within our corporate office. This key position requires a proactive, multi‐tasking individual with a strong sense of responsibility and initiative. Reporting to the Corporate Executive Assistant, the Administrative Coordinator will support in a confidential, efficient and effective manner a wide variety of situations involving the Company Vice Presidents and Corporate Directors and be the backup to the Executive Assistant to the President and CEO
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site gym
- Free parking
- Provide administrative and logistic support to Magellan’s Executive and Senior Management teams as assigned by the Executive Assistant.
- Point of contact for incoming calls to Magellan Aerospace and respond to routine enquires.
- Represent Magellan Aerospace in a positive and professional manner, while dealing with visitors, suppliers, general inquiries, and other external stakeholders.
- Take notes and transcribe dictation of highly confidential subjects, including minutes of executive meetings and others as requested.
- Provide direct office management support to all members of the Corporate team, as directed by verbal or written instruction.
- Review documents, reports, and correspondence prepared for signature of staff and make corrections/suggestions as necessary.
- Receive incoming mail for the Executive Team members; review, evaluate, and distribute correspondence requiring priority attention.
- Daily review Webmail and action as necessary, route communications to the specific internal clients / departments.
- Monitor cell phone billings and support the Director of Corporate Supply Chain with the distribution of cell phones.
- Organize and book travel arrangements for internal stakeholders as requested.
- Monitor office equipment to ensure it is in good working order, and make arrangements for repair when needed (both internally and externally).
- Facilitate communication between Magellan’s global divisions and the Corporate Office.
- Assist in the preparation of Board of Directors meetings on a quarterly basis (preparation of participants’ printed packages, catering, transportation, and others) as requested.
- Work on other related tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Corporate Executive Assistant.
- 2 year College Diploma or Equivalent
- 3+ years of office support experience
- Organized, business acumen, self‐starter, excellent verbal and written communication skills, decision quality and action oriented
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills including Visio and Adobe Acrobat
- Bilingual in English and French would be considered an asset, but not a must
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Each employee and visitor who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms. Masks are mandatory in all of our shared public areas of the workplace and employees are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!