Title: Administrative Associate lll
City: Palo Alto
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-1601303538
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Administrative Associate to work on-site with our client, Stanford University in Palo Alto, CA.
This is an at-will temp-to-hire contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent.
The Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine (ISCBRM) is seeking an Administrative Associate 3 to manage all aspects of the travel of the Director of the Institute and oversee documentation and compliance of travel for additional Institute faculty, staff and students. This is an executive level administrative position. The ISCBRM research program is internationally renowned and is funded by multiple Federal and non-Federal sponsors and donors and includes a large contingent of laboratory staff, post-docs, graduate students and other highly trained professionals.
- Act on behalf of the director, supervisor, or department manager in regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving problems that are administrative in nature.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling travel, organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking. Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or websites.
- Plan and schedule travel calendar(s) with limited consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements; research, identify, and resolve discrepancies. May assist with capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
- Assist with a variety of Institute Administrative needs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- International and Domestic travel experience required
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.