Administrative Associate (Basic)
City: Palo Alto
Job Type: Contract
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Administrative Associate to work on-site with our client, a world-class university in Palo Alto, CA.
This is an at-will contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent.
• Liaise with faculty, staff, senior leadership and other constituents by serving as the primary representative and first point of contact for faculty members and on behalf of the Division.
• Responsible for managing information flow in a timely and accurate manner.
• Respond to inquiries and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
• Perform duties associated with managing calendars, scheduling, making travel arrangements, monitoring & documenting daily expenses and preparing weekly, monthly, or quarterly reports.
• Responsible for formatting and presenting information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports aligning with internal standards & practices.
• Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with Division, Department, and University and sponsor policies.
• Assist with the facilitation and organization of national & international meetings, symposia, and conferences – including coordinating logistics and reservations, managing registration, developing and managing budget(s), processing POs, invoices, and other forms of payment. Recommend & engage with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.
• Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies
• Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations and contracts, as needed. Coordinate office moves.
• May perform human resources transactional support, e.g. timecards, I9s, and/or faculty affairs support.
• May guide and train student and/or contingent workers including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, and reviewing work for quality and timeliness.
• High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
• Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task.