Title: Administrative Associate
City: Palo Alto
Job Type: Contract
Job ID: EB-
The Division of Cardiovascular Medicine at Stanford University is seeking a friendly, professional, and highly organized Administrative Associate 2 to join our team. The division is a dynamic and innovative center dedicated to excellence in research, medical education, and clinical care. Our division is driven by over 80 faculty, clinician educators and instructors who are the pillar of strength in the Division's ongoing efforts into the prevention, and treatment of cardiovascular disease. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Imaging office.
Respond to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating conferences, seminars, and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.
Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, grant proposals, conference and seminar materials, reports, brochures, and displays.
Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed. Coordinate office moves.
Maintain approved content on websites.
- College degree
- Experience/desire to work in an academic setting
- Event planning experience
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and work well on a team
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
• Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
• Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
• Frequently sitting.
• Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
• Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.