Title: Administrative Associate 2: School of Medicine
City: Palo Alto
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-2007250087
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Administrative Associate to work on-site with our client, Stanford University within their School of Medicine in Palo Alto, CA.
This is an at-will contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent.
- Liaise with faculty, staff, senior leadership and other constituents by serving as the primary representative and first point of contact for faculty members and on behalf of the Division.
- Responsible for managing information flow in a timely and accurate manner.
- Possess critical thinking & problem solving skills to identify, address and resolve immediate & systemic issues.
- Respond to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
- Perform duties associated with managing calendars, scheduling, making travel arrangements, monitoring & documenting daily expenses and preparing weekly, monthly, or quarterly reports.
- Responsible for formatting and presenting information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports aligning with internal standards & practices.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with Division, Department, and University and sponsor policies.
- Assist with the facilitation and organization of national & international meetings, symposia, and conferences – including coordinating logistics and reservations, managing registration, developing and managing budget(s), processing POs, invoices, and other forms of payment. Recommend & engage with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.
- Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies
- Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations and contracts, as needed. Coordinate office moves.
- May perform human resources transactional support, e.g. time cards, I9s, and/or faculty affairs support.
- May guide and train student and/or contingent workers including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, and reviewing work for quality and timeliness.
- High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls, please.
As a W2 employee, you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.