Our client is a top financial institution with significant North American holdings. They have operations across most major verticals, including institutional & corporate, wealth management, private client, commercial banking, treasury, and retail banking.
Provides a variety of general office support services and clerical tasks to support to one or more business groups and facilitate group operations. Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate delivery of business objectives in accordance with applicable policies, processes, and controls. Troubleshoots and resolves routine problems according to policies, standard procedures, schedules, and deadlines and maintains audit trails, or escalates non-routine problems.
What you will achieve in this role:
• Coordinates and executes specific activities for the implementation of strategic initiatives; includes tracking metrics and milestones.• Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives.• Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.• Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.• Supports the development of tailored messaging, which may include writing, editing and distributing communications.• Executes routine tasks (e.g. service requests, transactions, queries, etc.) within relevant service level agreements.• Compiles, copies, sorts, and files records of office activities and business transactions.• Administers a filing system to ensure the availability of business and operational reports, forms, and other documentation.• Creates, maintains, and enters information into databases.• Prepares funding approval requests for department projects.• Tracks, verifies, and processes department budget and capital expenditure invoices.• Resolves or escalates invoice discrepancies in accordance with accounts payable policies, procedures, and vendor agreements.• Assists with the coordination and processing of work orders for equipment warranties, maintenance, and repairs (e.g. documents, tracks, and communicates maintenance requests to appropriate areas for execution).• Maintains office supplies inventory, checks inventory of supply stocks, places and facilitates the execution of office supply orders, and verifies receipt.• Schedules meetings and coordinates applicable audio-visual equipment, catering, room setup, and conference calls.• Books travel arrangements and prepares itineraries for management.• Answers central phone lines, responds to and resolves or escalates inquiries for resolution• Supports the development of tailored messaging by writing, editing, and distributing communications materials (e.g. correspondence, agendas, presentations, proposals, reports, bulk emails, and policies and procedures) and dispatching outgoing communication.• Processes modifications and updates to departmental procedures for managers approval, ensuring new information and procedures are provided to the team.• Verifies staff timesheets and collects and tracks staff attendance data (e.g. overtime, sick, and vacation time) in accordance with applicable guidelines to ensure consistency and determine staff availability.• Liaises with internal business units and external vendors to coordinate and implement changes to premises to accommodate incoming and outgoing staff and contractors (e.g. relocations, office planning and new furniture requirements) with minimal interruptions to business operations.• Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits.• Analyzes issues and determines next steps; escalates as required.• Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
What you will bring to this role:
• Typically between 1 - 2 years of relevant experience and/or certification in related field of study desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Certificate in Office Administration is desirable.
• Good knowledge of general office procedures.
• Some experience with general ledger entry.
• General knowledge of audio visual equipment to conduct training and demonstrations, perform maintenance, and troubleshoot issues.
• General knowledge of office equipment used by the business unit, such as photocopiers and printers.
• Basic specialized knowledge.
• Verbal & written communication skills - Good.
• Organization skills - Good.
• Collaboration & team skills - Good.
• Analytical and problem solving skills - Good.
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.