Place of Performance: Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) - Washington DC
Duties/Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Perform highly complex clerical, administrative and secretarial duties to assist senior managers and professional members of Division or Office that involve confidential or sensitive issues and information, such as tracking and disseminating internal reports and data, filing such reports, providing initial drafts of correspondence and memoranda or proofreading drafts provided by SEC staff, gathering information from the public and senior staff for action by SEC personnel.
- Conduct research and forwards information to appropriate SEC personnel reviewing all such work before its distribution; also types and formats correspondence, reports, memoranda and other materials requiring accuracy and completeness.
- Tracks and updates office filing system(s).
- Updates Division/Office’s administrative portion of EnforceNet, sec.gov website, group or office SharePoint site or other SEC web application.
- Type letters, reports, newsletters and other documents from information provided by SEC personnel and with SEC personnel reviewing all such work before its distribution.
- Track and update office level spreadsheets with information and data provided by SEC personnel.
- Creates PowerPoint and other presentation materials with information and data provided by SEC personnel
- Prepare meeting agendas and supporting materials with information and data provided by SEC personnel
- Takes minutes at meetings
Click here to apply online
- 5+ years of administrative experience
- Experience with brokerage/securities firms preferred
- HS diploma required w/1-2 years of vocation/technical training or a BA/BS Degree
- Advanced experience with MS Office Suite software (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and devices (e.g., Blackberry)
- Solid telephone, scheduling and travel management experience
- Advanced communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Customer service skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable who can thrive in a fast paced environment
- Superior listening and comprehension skills