Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg has an exciting opportunity for a full-time permanent Administrative Assistant to join our team at the Rockwood Propellant Plant. Our Rockwood facility is located just 20 minutes North of Winnipeg, near Stony Mountain, MB.
This position will consist of 36 hours per week, including two 12-hour shifts (every Monday and Tuesday, 6:30am to 6:30pm) in addition to two 6-hour shifts (flexible start times, must be within our core business hours of 7:00am-3:30pm).
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Free parking
- Site monitoring from a centralized console and calling upon qualified assistance.
- Perform administrative duties such as documentation processing, scheduling meetings, recording minutes and following up on actions, coordinating events.
- Control visitor access to the plant.
- Act as switchboard operator and as a contact for internal radio communication.
- Maintain a variety of records related to keys assignments, gas usage, visitor and employee location within the plant, equipment loan, environmental conditions, etc
- Answer phone calls during off hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
Background / Knowledge:
- High school education or equivalent level is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of prior administrative experience.
- Post-secondary education in Administrative studies or certification in Business Administration or Project Management would be considered an asset.
Skills / Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate, including operating video surveillance cameras, basic knowledge of internet browsing, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of and experience with standard office equipment and software (i.e. Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc…)
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Capacity to quickly address and resolve unexpected development and disruptions.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.