Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg has an exciting opportunity for a part-time Administrative Assistant at our Rockwood Propellant Plant, located just 20 minutes North of Winnipeg, near Stony Mountain, MB. This part-time position will work approximately 20 hours per week, and the term length will be 12 months to start (with possibility of extension). Work hours would ideally be Monday through Friday, four (4) hours per day, anytime within the window of our core operating hours (7am-3:30pm).
The Administrative Assistant will primarily be responsible for performing clerical duties such as document processing, record keeping, and report compilation.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible working hours
- Free parking
Background / Knowledge:
- High School education or equivalent level is required.
- Post-secondary education in Administrative studies or certification in Business Administration or Project Management will be considered an asset.
- Minimum of two (2) years of prior administrative experience required.
Skills / Competencies:
- Strong working knowledge of and experience with standard office equipment and software (i.e. Microsoft Office, etc…).
- Strong planning, book keeping, organization and follow-up skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.