This position is responsible for administrative assistant duties.
• Process of quotes, purchase orders, contracts, invoices and checks.
• Maintain employee worktime sheets.
• Process routine tasks including but not limited to payroll, 401k, and accounting operations by following pre-defined procedures.
• Prepare office documents for newly-hired and retired employees and process the forms.
• Research work assigned by General Manager.
• Translate documents between English and Japanese.
• Inventory and order office supplies and services.
• Assist with all aspects of general office coordination.
• Update data and office documents.
• Maintain computers and office equipment.
• Handle incoming mails and calls.
• Prepare outgoing mails and package shipping.
• Interact with clients, venders and visitors.
• Provide general support to visitors.
• Oversee the work of junior staff.
• Resolve administrative problems.
OTHER & MISCELLANEOUS
• Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
• Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
• Maintains high ethical standards in the work place.
• Reports all irregular issues and problems to management for solution.
• Maintains good communication with management, office staff members and outside contacts.
• Complies with all company policies and procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area.
• Fluent in English and Japanese, both written and verbal
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills on the phone
• Windows OS and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) operation
• General office equipment including phones, fax, copier, personal computer, printer, scanner, etc.
• Software includes the use of Windows operating system, MS Office