Our client, a Global Life Insurance Company is searching for an Actuarial Associate - Annuity Valuation and Reporting.
The Actuarial Associate will develop a further understanding of theoretical principles and practical actuarial techniques.
- Work in the Annuity Valuation department, responsible for calculating and reporting actuarial balances under US GAAP, Statutory, and Tax accounting bases for variable annuity products
- Collaborate with third party vendor to perform and review reserving and capital processes
- Apply and develop knowledge in specific actuarial procedures such as VM-21, FAS157 and SOP 03-1
- Coordinate, prepare and perform actuarial analysis to assist in the development of financial forecasts used in actuarial recommendations and reporting
- Work closely with internal audit to identify process risks and develop and perform controls. Interact with external auditors to communicate process and control execution
- Assist in preparation of actuarial response and communication of results of actuarial research to management areas. May assist in preparing actuarial portion of financial reports and responses to insurance regulators
- Provide consultation and clarification on actuarial models and risk issues
- Participate in Actuarial Student Rotation Program
- Bachelors’ degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Finance or Business Administration
- Completion of at least 3 actuarial exams
- Minimum 3years of finance, insurance industry, or actuarial experience
- Annuity experience preferred but not required
- Excellent computer skills (especially Excel, Access, Visual Basic)
- Excellent communication skills
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume to Joanmarie Bolding, Managing Director of Recruiting.
Please note all candidates must be located in the US and live in Eastern or Central time zones.
Click here to apply online