Serves as a member of the Company’s Accounting Team, executing accounts receivable management processes that support Company compliance, efficiency and growth.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Administers control over accounts receivable balances, processing necessary transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording invoices within the accounting system.
- On a regular basis, communicates directly to customers that are past due, overseeing discrepancy scenarios (e.g. concerns with work performed, overpayments, invoices to be sent, unapplied receipts, sales tax exemptions, etc.), verifying, and resolving completely.
- Develops and maintains collection notes for reporting to leadership on a regular basis the buckets of AR aging and the material drivers.
- Oversee and manage any and all customer setup documentation, credit and collection software, and any other records related to customer accounts.
- Partner with Billing Specialist, Sales, and Finance Leadership to organize collection strategy on aging/past due accounts as well as make suggestions for AR write-off or sending off to third party collection agencies.
- Manages the creation and/or maintenance of “up-to-date,” consistent, standard accounting policies and procedures for the team’s lien process, credit policy, and efforts regarding timely collections.
- May provide training to others on areas of expertise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college, university, or technical institution with coursework in accounting, or substitute 2 years’ pertinent experience for each year of education.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and lead well at all levels of the organization and with external parties (e.g. customers).
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks within a complex organization, demonstrating ability to plan, organize, implement, and control.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Excel is preferred.
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, specifically those that are Microsoft based (Excel, Great Plains, CRM).
- Previous skill, knowledge, or experience specifically in collections is preferred.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
“Essential duties and responsibilities” describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.