Primary job duties and responsibilities.
Operating Company Activities
- Coordinates with our Banks to retrieve and monitor lockbox collections and cash applications to customers’ accounts.
- Works with the Sales Team to provide information regarding credit limits, past due amounts, the status of credits due to customers, etc.
- Calls customers to inquire about past due payments.
- Calculates and provides the selling price for the variable consideration piece of our Q2 sales
- Coordinates with Inside Sales to make sure the sales are properly stated.
- Monitors and calculates the reserve for sales discounts for month-end close. Uses judgement to make sure the reserve complies with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Reconciles the AR trial balance to the GL each month.
- Reconciles sales information from three IT systems to verify completeness and accuracy.
- Performs all the other month end close procedures surrounding AR.
- Does the research necessary to correct errors made by the bank in applying cash.
- Prepares the monthly borrowing base support for the ABL in accordance with the document requirements.
- Prepares the roll-over paperwork for the ABL.
- Periodically supervises part time help on cash application and other procedures.
- Does special projects when required.