PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for invoicing and collections of invoices for the company. The position is also responsible for assuring the company that they are collecting the accounts receivable in a timely manner. Assisting the AR Manager with new and ongoing customer credit assessments, credit line increases and maintaining customer accounts. The position is also responsible for the integrity of our credit documents and aging related to their portion of the receivables portfolio.
- Assist in processing of new customer (credit) applications, or updates to existing customers’ credit and related export control procedures.
- Make collection calls on past due and near due accounts receivable.
- Investigate and solve problems with customer accounts regarding billing/collection issues
- Audit all batch invoices with customer PO values for accuracy and submit to customer for payment.
- Audit and process Project invoice requests, and update project files against customer PO values.
- Submit invoices through Customer Web Applications, as needed.
- Assist the AR Manager or Group leader as needed with other duties (may include cash application, tax certificates and other activities as assigned).
- Process credit cards payments
- Process account and credit card refunds
- Maintain written procedures for all of the above processes.
- Prepare lien waivers and sworn statements as needed.
- Audit and invoice against Letter of Credits.
- Assist in the yearly or periodic audit reviews and document preparation.
- Assist with preparation and review of bad debt reserve analysis as needed.
- Assist with review of customer Tax Exemption Certificates.
- Prepare and submit accounts to outside collections agency.
- Enthusiastic and customer focused.
- Analytical and problem solving skills to resolve and reconcile customer accounts efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills, strong organizational skills, and working knowledge of various PC software products.
- General understanding of accounting process required to analyze cash application and reconciliations.
- Accustomed to working in a team environment, results oriented, and willing to work to meet special deadlines in response to internal and external customer needs.
- Ability to prepare and present required credit analysis and recommendations internally and to customers.
- Credit assessment experience preferred.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience.
- Experience maintaining customer accounts and setting internal credit limits
- Minimum of three years relevant accounting experience.
- Manufacturing / Automotive Industry experience helpful.
- PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DETERITY
- Position involves desk work 75% of the time
- VISUAL ACUITY, HEARING, SPEAKING
- Good visual acuity, hearing and speaking is required.
- ENVIRONMENT AND SCHEDULING
- Willing to work occasional overtime when required to meet special deadlines in response to customer requirements.
- Reliable, consistent attendance required.
CORE TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
The following training is required to enable job holders to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Employee Orientation
- New Hire Communications
- Safety Training
- Hazard Communications
- New Hire Quality/ESP Training
- Baan ERP Software
- Oracle ERP Software
- Microsoft Office (as needed)