General Position Summary
This position is responsible for performing accounts receivable functions as well as other clerical accounting duties.
Essential Job Functions
Accounts Receivable/Credit Collections (90%)
- Assist the accounting outsource service in customer payments.
- Processes invoices daily; reviews for accuracy and mails to customers.
- Performs daily cash applications and posting.
- Research and solve payment discrepancies.
- Process credit card payments and credits.
- Make adjustment to accounts as needed.
- Answers accounts receivable phone inquiries and follows up.
- Reviews files to select delinquent accounts for collection efforts.
- Confers with customers by telephone in attempt to collect overdue payment and provides solutions.
- Assists Accounting Manager in preparation of documents for outside auditors.
- Prepares weekly sales report on spreadsheet for Accounting Manager.
- Maintains Accounts Receivable customer files.
Other & Miscellaneous (10%)
- Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the workplace.
- Reports all irregular issues and problems to supervisors for solution.
Job Dimensions (skills, knowledge & abilities)
Essential Job Dimensions
Accuracy, Accountability, Attention to Detail, Communication Skills, Computer Proficiency, Discreetness, Math Skills, Orderly
Education & Work Experience
- Associates Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Between 1-3 years of previous experience in a similar position