Serves as a member of the Company’s Finance Team, executing accounts receivable management & collection processes that support Company compliance, efficiency and growth. The role requires an experienced and motivating individual with the ability to balance between maintaining trustful relationships and guaranteeing timely payments.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Administers control over outstanding accounts receivables. Create monthly collections goals, objectives and reporting.
- Develop collection methods that consistently lead to achieving or exceeding company financial goals. Ensure the collection techniques are consistent with laws and policies related to debt collection.
- Review of open accounts for collection efforts. Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements. Communicates directly to customers that are past due, overseeing discrepancy scenarios (e.g. concerns with work performed, overpayments, invoices to be sent, unapplied receipts, sales tax exemptions, etc.), verifying, and resolving completely.
- Make outbound calls/emails in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
- Collaborate with the sales department for assistance with delinquent accounts.
- Collaborate with other departments to determine and solve the internal collection roadblocks. Recommend system changes to enhance the invoicing and collection process.
- Assist the billing team with monthly customer invoicing
- May provide training to others on areas of expertise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college, university, or technical institution with coursework in accounting or finance.
- At least 2 years in AR / Collections role, including interaction with a large customer base.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and lead well at all levels of the organization and with external parties (e.g. customers).
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks within a complex organization, demonstrating ability to plan, organize, implement, and control.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, specifically Great Plains.
- ConnectWise knowledge a plus
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.