Magellan Aerospace Glendale has an exciting new opportunity for an Accounts Receivable/Payable Clerk. In this Full-Time Permanent position, the successful incumbent will obtain revenue and pay invoices by verifying and completing payable and receivable transactions. The Accounts Receivable/Payable Clerk will also be responsible for maintaining financial security by following internal accounting controls.
We offer a full benefits package including paid holidays and vacation your first year of employment (pro-rated). Medical, dental and vision is offered at 90 days employment. 401(k) with employer match is available after 3 months of continuous employment. We have company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability.
- Prepare work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information
- Pay invoices by verifying transaction information; schedule and prepare disbursements; obtain authorization of payment
- Obtain revenue by verifying transaction information; compute charges and refunds; prepare and mail invoices; identify delinquent accounts and insufficient payments
- Collect revenue by reminding delinquent accounts; notify customers of insufficient payments
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Maintain accounting ledgers by posting account transactions
- Verify accounts by reconciling statements and transactions
- Resolve account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issue stop payments, payments, or adjustments
- Maintain financial security by following internal accounting controls
- Secure financial information by completing data base backups
- Maintain financial historical records by filing accounting documents
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Complete other duties that may be assigned
- Degree in Accounting or 1-2 years’ relevant experience preferred
- High School Diploma required
- Good math and data entry skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Great Plains
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!