Accounts Payable Supervisor
This position will be responsible for creating value and generating efficiencies in the execution of AP Invoice processing team to the North American business unit. Assisting the Accounts Payable Manager in leading a team of AP specialists by ensuring accurate and timely execution of all tasks associated with the AP Invoice processing function including reviewing daily SLA and KPI’s.
The AP Supervisor will utilize deep subject matter expertise to troubleshoot complex scenarios serving as an escalation point, he/she will also provide expert insight to AP manager and cross-functional partners derived from reporting, data analysis and KPI tracking. This role is vital in ensuring business continuity by guaranteeing accurate and timely payments to our suppliers.
- Track team’s performance through KPI reporting. Analyze data to identify systemic issues, improvement opportunities, provide insight and recommendations to AP manager.
- Evaluate workflow daily and assign tasks to team members.
- Resolve complex issues and handle internal and external escalations.
- Assist with analysis of vendor accounts for clearing of open credits
- Assist with analysis the Aging Report
- Follow procedures and complete internal documentation & tracking
- Provide subject matter expertise for the team to research and determine the root cause of invoice discrepancies within a specified timeframe and reduce future occurrences.
- Assist in departmental documentation and internal audit controls
- Use critical thinking skills to assist team to accomplish their workload.
- Train, coach and monitor performance of the Accounts Payable Team acting as a subject matter expert, provide guidance on how to better resolve situations presented within the day-to-day operation.
- Other duties, as specified by Manager.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Proficiency in SAP (required) and MS office.
- Minimum of 2 years as a supervisor or AP Lead for a large team.
- Strong Knowledge in Excel (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP and Reporting)
- Able to work independently, with an ability to identify continuous improvement solutions in a logical balanced manner
- Well balanced between strong technical and people skills, demonstrating strong communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Strong ability to work with and influence others ensuring team members are motivated, engage and performing according to their goals
- Strong desire to solve complex business problems through understanding of business processes, data architecture, business/resource constraints, and system capabilities.
- Ability to select and consistently apply standard policies and procedures working with a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Relates well to people at all levels of the organization, communicates effectively, resolve conflicts, understand and meet needs of business partners.
- Consistently delivers results and demonstrates personal initiative and independent motivation to achieve goals and objectives.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in Accounting/Finance or related field preferred. Relevant work experience may be substituted for education.