Magellan Aerospace, Glendale has an exciting new opportunity for an Accounts Payable Specialist. The successful incumbent will support the Controller and the Accounting department. The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for the financial processing of all transactions including payroll the Magellan Aerospace, Glendale division. Other responsibilities include daily accounting, recording keeping, financial reporting and preparation of records for financial audits.
Perks and Benefits
We offer a full benefits package including paid holidays and vacation your first year of employment (pro-rated). Medical, dental and vision is offered at 90 days employment. 401(k) with employer match is available after 3 months of continuous employment. We have company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability.
- Handle accounts payable using Great Plains software and other programs
- Handle accounts payable for separate entities and vendors
- Analyze workflow processes
- Ensure bills and payroll are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to departmental procedures
- Process due invoices for payments in accordance to corporate policy
- Compare purchase orders, prices, terms of payment and other charges
- Process transactions and perform accounting duties such as account maintenance, recording entries and reconciling books of accounts
- High School Diploma and 2+ years training in accounting and billing or Associate degree or higher with no experience
- Must be a U.S Citizen or possess a current U.S. Permanent Residency Card as Magellan Aerospace, Glendale is an ITAR regulated facility
- Competency with Great Plains and ADP Workforce Now Preferred
- Basic data entry skills is a must
- Must be detail oriented
- Excellent time management abilities and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel)
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Please note this is not a remote position
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!