We are looking for an Accounts Payable Manager for a Tampa Shared Services Team. The Accounts Payable Manager will be a critical team member and early employee, participating in building a highly scalable, best-in-class finance organization as a key partner with the Corporate Controller and the Regional Platform accounting teams. He/she will help drive the ethos for how the financial and accounting organizations operate and will work closely in a management capacity with individuals across the business.
The Accounts Payable Manager must have superior organization and communication skills, while maintaining strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. This individual will be responsible for supporting and overseeing Regional Platform Accounts Payable Functions in providing process, structure, best practices, and strategic problem solving for effective cash flow management. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining a weekly cadence of analyzing the projected accounts payable cash outflow for each Regional Platform, including evaluating the accuracy of the forecast to actual. This role will assist in implementing and monitoring internal controls over the Accounts Payable processes of the Regional Platforms including the proper approval of invoices based on the Chart of Authority within the Regional Platform and Corporate. This role will be responsible for positively impacting and supporting all aspects of cash cycle management across the organization from procure to pay. The Accounts Payable Manager will also assist with the rollout of a new Accounts Payable solution throughout the Regional Platforms. This opportunity offers high visibility in a rapidly growing company and the successful candidate must show great initiative and have the ability to work with limited supervision.
This role will report directly to the Corporate Controller and work closely as a key partner with the wider accounting team at the Regional Platforms.
Working closely with the Corporate Controller and wider accounting and finance teams, the Manager of Accounts Payable will play a critical role in ensuring accurate projected cash flow.
Job responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain accounts payable principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate expense reporting and timely payments to suppliers and partners
- Work with teammates to provide Procurement to Pay guidance and timely reporting
- Provide regular weekly and monthly metrics/KPIs to senior leadership
- Help in directing, coaching and growing the professionals and daily work of AP processing teams across the business and regularly monitor their processes
- Ensure all internal control procedures are understood by the AP professionals and they are performed as required
- Identify and execute efficiency and operational improvements
- Lead the implementation of new AP system solutions, integrating new systems with current systems, and providing regular trainings to team members on AP systems and policies
- Assist Regional Platforms with maintaining the accounts payable general ledger and corresponding reconciliations
- Ensures that the accounts payable and the company’s financial obligations are met efficiently
- Standardize procedures to generate efficiency in-house and create internal templates to be used by the company
- Ensures that systems, policies, and procedures adhere to company policies while functioning with accuracy and timeliness
- Ensure that the Regional Platforms are properly maintaining 1099 tax information and filing 1099’s annually
· Document and monitor internal controls
· Assist with the integration of acquisitions into our accounting and accounts payable system
· Contribute to team culture and effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- A bachelor's degree in business, or a related field preferred
- Five or more years of accounts payable management experience, preferably at a high growth company
- Experience with leadership roles and displaying problem-solving capabilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with employees, superiors, and Regional Platform team members
· Experience with accounting ERP implementations a plus
· Experience leading and developing teams preferred
· Strong accounting experience and demonstrated ability to lead/drive processes
· Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and teamwork
· Interest in joining a well-capitalized entrepreneurial team
· Positive attitude, team player
· Highly motivated, comfortable working independently
· High energy, ownership of work product and dedication to driving results
· Excellent time management and organizational skills