Accounts Payable Manager
Accounts Payable Manager
We are currently seeking a full-time, experienced Accounts Payable Manager to join our Support Center team. In depth knowledge of key accounting functions is vital as this role oversees the day to day accounts payable functions from payments to accruals, team hiring and coaching through end of month processing. This role is integral to the company operations, since timely and accurate recording and payment of invoices is a key part of our financial operations and reporting processes. We need a focused, organized, and team-oriented individual to perform varied tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Develops, executes and manages Accounts payable procedures and policies in line with company guidelines.
- Establishes and implements technology solutions pertaining to accounts payable & department projects.
- Monitors approval workflows and manages invoice processing in accounts payables systems
- Mentors the accounts payable staff and prioritizes the department’s daily workflow.
- Oversee the invoice coding/keying and payment processing, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Leads the team on resolving various accounts payable issues and reports any discrepancies or deviation from the department’s procedures for quick resolution.
- Provides trainings to the newly hired staff on processing records for all A/P transactions, including vendor invoices, payroll advances, expense reports, expedited requests, etc.
- Manages weekly check runs by payment terms, ensures on proper approvals, maintenance of checks register & AP system interfaces for electronic payments.
- Manages month-end tasks, recording of accruals, runs controls on account balances & checks on the accurate recording of invoices.
- Manages credit cards and payment reconciliations processes.
- Manages vendor relationships and adherence to document requirements including 1099s regulations & reporting.
- Oversees and supports day-to-day operations related to the processing and disbursements of accurate and approved Non-PO and PO invoices.
- Develops and updates the accounts payable desk procedures, internal controls, accounts payables policies as needed
- Analyzes A/P metrics and balances team workload on regular basis.
- Recruits, selects, hires, trains and provides performance appraisals, employee coaching and counseling and regularly evaluates all personnel resources.
- Ensures the timely submission of all performance appraisals, employment-related paperwork and other employee status changes within the division including informing HR of employee leaves of absence, work-related injuries and employee incidents.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings to provide further input towards department development and staff guidance.
- Assists in regular external audits and ensures compliance.
- Communicates effectively & professionally, while promoting favorable interaction with managers, co-workers and other departments.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned and assists with projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance or related field
- Five-Seven (5-7) years’ experience in accounts payable role, of which minimum two-three (2-3) have been spent in supervising/managing an accounting department
- Knowledge of accounts payable principles, policies and procedures
- Possess time management skills with ability to prioritize job tasks effectively
- Must have strong work ethics
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs
- Possess strong organizational and leadership skills
- Must be able to follow standard procedures & instructions
- Must be computer-savvy & able to work on a multi-platform environment
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable (this is must)
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
Click here to apply online