Our Brampton based client is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for their Accounting Team. This is a 1-month contract opportunity with the potential to become permanent. This a 100% work-from-office position. Your main responsibility will be to ensure that vendors are paid on time, accurately, and within terms. The role also carries the responsibility of troubleshooting any vendor issues or disputes that could lead to interruptions in shipments. This requires close communication with appropriate representatives of the vendors and internal parties. Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensure payments to outside vendors for products and services are authorized and accurately processed.
- Ensure expenses are posted in proper period for accounting cut-off purposes.
- Review A/P Aging Report for overdue payments.
- Ensure AP vouchers are coded with the proper GL code and input to ERP/AP system.
- Ensure proper AP cut-off and send out of month end AP close notice.
- Prepare cash distribution report.
- Process cheques/wire transfers.
- Maintain master supplier account listing, set up new accounts, etc.
- Respond to customer requests for payment updates, clarifications, etc.
- Collect vendor statements and prepare reconciliations to the company's AP subledger.
- Work with Accounting Supervisor to ensure that accruals are complete and AP expenses are posted in the correct accounting period.
- Basic accounting knowledge acquired through high school or community college courses.
- 2+ years of related Accounts Payable experience.
- Strong communication skills and phone manner.
- Detail oriented with strong organization and time management skills.
- Computer literacy, data entry proficiency, knowledge of Microsoft Office and ERP systems.