Our client is a top financial institution with significant North American holdings. They have operations across most major verticals, including institutional & corporate, wealth management, private client, commercial banking, treasury, and retail banking.
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for processing and verifying payments for suppliers, providers and all staff expenses/travel claims. The A/P Clerk is also responsible for reviewing and entering manual invoices into the system as well as payments, reversals, credits miscellaneous and missing visits.
What you will achieve in this role:
- Processes invoices (general administrative invoices and Manual Purchased invoices) following established procedures and enters all data into the General Ledger (GL). Responds to all related inquiries (internal and external).
- Processes all employee expenses/travel claims, ensuring proper authorization is present and that the Client Company travel policy has been followed. Ensures all receipts are accounted for and balance with claims form. Marks claim form with proper account number and enters data into GL.
- Performs monthly reconciliation of corporate credit cards and enters them into the GL by working with employees to obtain statement approval and backup receipts.
- Processes all ambulance bills ensuring client eligibility as per Client Company policy and verifies authorization of the transportation. Stamps invoices and distributes to appropriate hospital and maintains records of all sent ambulance bills. Responds to all related internal inquiries.
- Monitors all missed visits and manually inputs each missed visit from provider agency into CHRIS calendars. Reviews and reconciles any unusual discrepancy and responds to all related inquiries from Provider and Client Company internal employees.
- Other related duties as may be required from time to time
What you will bring to this role:
- Knowledge of and experience applying general Accounting principles
- Experience utilizing a variety of software applications including the Microsoft Office Suite and accounting software packages; knowledge of Dynamics will be considered an asset
- Demonstrated expertise in general office procedures including data management, reporting, filing and retrieval.
- Possesses strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills with an ability to perform efficiently in a fast paced environment meeting deadlines with attention to detail
- The ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Strong customer service skills to establish and maintain effective working relations with others
- Effective and professional communication and interpersonal skills
- A high level of initiative and sound judgment
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.