Magellan Aerospace, Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Accounts Assistant
- Full-time-Permanent position
- Week Day’s 0800-1700 Monday-Thursday, 0800-1300 Friday 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Rackery Lane, Wrexham LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Assist in the smooth running of the finance department particularly the purchase ledger.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget
- Mobile phone/gym membership and other employee discounts
- Employee Social & Charity Association
- employee advantages scheme
- occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement
- Long Service Awards
- Free parking
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Matching supplier invoices to purchase orders and goods received notes
- Inputting and coding invoices on computer system
- Resolving any queries in a timely manner
- Building relationships with suppliers and internal departments (Purchasing dept/goods receiving)
- Reconciling accounts to supplier statements
- Assist in raising payments on a regular basis
- Assist in filing all paperwork generated within the Accounts Team
- Assist in providing information for internal and external financial auditors
- Assist in other areas of finance department as directed by Accounts Manager
Academic: Good standard of education
Professional Accreditations: Ideally working towards or gained Association Accounting Technicians qualification
Experience: Purchase Ledger, General Accounts Experience
- Attention to detail
- Time Management
Other Skills / Abilities / Personal Attributes:
Skills: Good computer skills
Abilities: Able to show initiative
Personal Attributes: Good team player
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!