The Accounting and Human Resource Assistant will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organization's accounting and human resources departments.
- Accurately reviews, codes, and processes vendor invoices/payments through an approval system and into the ERP.
- Reviews and reconciles invoice discrepancies with vendors and purchasing; address and respond to vendor inquiries.
- Audits and processes expense reports and credit call bills.
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers and customers portals.
- Cash applications, collections activities; addresses and responds to customers inquiries.
- Research and resolve customers payment discrepancies, monthly AR reconciliation.
- Assists with job posting and advertisement processes.
- Conducts or assists with new hire orientation.
- Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and certifications.
- Provides support to the HR Manager.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Must be able to learn other accounting software systems.
- Ability to solve problems as they arise.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required; Business or Accounting degree preferred.
- 2 plus years of related experience required.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Prior related office experience preferred.