Title: Accounting/Finance AssociateCity: Palo AltoState: CAZIP: 94301Job Type: ContractHours: 40Job Code: EB-3381379491Tekberry is looking for a motivated Accounting/Finance Associate to work on-site with our client, a world-class university in Palo Alto, CA.This is an at-will contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent.Job Description:
- Review, process, gather, and compile accounting transactions and documents for completeness, accuracy, and compliance.
- Review transactions, support documents, journal postings, etc. for accuracy, consistency, authorizations and compliance. Monitor transactions in accounting systems for clearing and outstanding items.
- Compile, maintain, and review data and daily reports for accuracy. Generate standardized financial reports.
- Resolve transactional inquiries, escalate broader issues.
- Respond to transactional inquiries from client groups, students, and companies.
- May be responsible for p-card administration, processing, travel cards and expendable reimbursements.
- May establish accounts in financial systems; prepare invoices.
- Participate in new initiatives, as needed such as user testing.
- Maintain accounting/finance departmental files and desktop procedures and process documents for area of responsibility. Ensure compliance with University policies, and federal regulations and requirements.
- High School diploma or equivalent and two years’ work experience.
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- Ability to operate computerized office applications and accounting systems.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal audiences and client groups.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, sort, file paperwork or parts, grasp lightly, and use fine manipulation, lift, carry, push and pull objects that weigh 10 pounds or less.
- Occasionally write by hand, twist, bend, stoop and squat.
- Rarely stand, walk, reach or work above shoulders and use a telephone.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.*
o May work extended hours during peak business cycles.
o Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
o Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.