Reporting to the President.
The Accounting and Finance Manager is responsible for managing all facets of financial and accounting reporting. Manages A/P, A/R, cash disbursements and receipts with accounting staff. Reports accurate & timely financials (I/S, B/S, Cash Flow) in accordance with GAAP. Formalizes monthly close, prepares balance sheet reconciliations. Requires thorough financial analysis to be used in key decision making. Will leverage batch systems through real time systems including Quick Books and evolving ERP system to account for fixed asset reporting, cost accounting, business unit and location P&L’s (to eliminate spreadsheets), automating upload of payroll and other large adjustments, utilizes financial reporting tool to enable drill down of P & Ls. Will oversee and direct a team of one Accountant. Works closely with the President to create and maintain accounting policies and procedures, develop formal metrics and design processes to assist accounting and operating unit performance.
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Accounting & Financial reporting
- Transportation, Logistics or Supply Chain Management
- Operational accounting (A/P, A/R, cash disbursements & receipts, Bank Accounts & Credit Cards)
- Invoice processing
- Prepaid Expenses, Inventory & Fixed Assets (valuation/amortization/reconciling)
- Treasury (Long Term Debt & Equity)
- Financial Statements (Month-end-close, income statements, tax preparation and payment)
- Established standard operating procedures for financial reporting GAAP.
- Interaction with operations management (KPI’s - business unit level P&L review)
- Monthly analysis (leadership/management identifying trends/metrics allowing accurate decision making)
- Cost reduction & containment programs
- Computer literate: Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Education: BS or BA degree (i.e., Accounting, Finance)
- Location: Chicago, IL
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Transportation software (i.e. Dossier or similar)
- Advanced Degree: Masters or MBA
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, presentations)
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Managing Director: Mica Bolta
330.664.9400, ext.120Click here to apply online