The Accounting and Finance Manager shall be responsible for planning, managing and execution of all financial and accounting processes of the corporation and its subsidiary. Duties will include creation and analysis of reports and providing information and input to executive management on accounting and fiscal matters.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of accounting; bookkeeping, financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, cash reconciliation, budgeting, tax compliance, inventory accounting, revenue recognition, and various special analyses.
- Responsible for maintaining all accounting records and lead/manage monthly/quarterly/annual financial closing and internal financial reports for the management.
- Analyzing accounts and records and reporting to Senior Management and Japan HQ.
- Developing and maintaining Accounting systems and methods.
- Participating in meetings; reporting problems to senior management verbally or in writing in order to avoid further problems; and recommending changes for improvements in accounting’s functions to Senior Managements.
- Providing direction and delegating responsibilities to Accounting staff.
- Maintaining and supervising quarterly review and annual audit.
- Filing Federal and State reports as necessary and advising senior management tax requirements as needed.
- Providing technical guidance and assistance in oversight and review of financial matters of subsidiaries including foreign operations in Mexico, Brazil and Uruguay.
- Reviewing financial statements of subsidiaries and prepare consolidated financial statements.
- Managing commercial banking relationship to facilitate an appropriate credit resource.
- Monitoring daily cash flows
- Must be tactful, mature, flexible and able to successfully respond to multiple work pressures
- Must have supervisory skills and management experience
- Must have detailed knowledge of accounting practices and principles
- Usage of Quickbooks system
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 6 to 10 years of experience in industry accounting sector (Restaurant industry is preferred)
- Experience in US GAAP financial reporting and management roles, preferably with US public company
- 3+ years in position equivalent to Accounting Manager or higher preferred
- Quickbooks experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Office suite must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders across the organization
- Expresses thoughts clearly, accurately and precisely both verbally and in writing and demonstrates good listening skills
- Fluent Japanese both in speaking and writing
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with an audit experience is preferred but not required