Responsible for overseeing specific functions within the department with a focus on general ledger and financial reporting activities. Assist with coordinating and facilitating external audits and assist with internal and external reporting requirements. Work with the accounting staff and management group to ensure accounting records and financial data are accurately stated in accordance with GAAP. Responsible for performance management and work direction of a number of staff accountants. Under the direction of Accounting Management, lead/facilitate the administration of day to day activities and special reporting projects. Ensure timely communication of activity/project progress as well as any identified issues to management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist management of staff whose primary roles and responsibilities coincide with the Accounting Supervisor’s assigned activities
- Produce timely, accurate reporting surrounding designated functions
- Assist with the preparation of the Company’s monthly financial reports and other company reports.
- Assist in external audits/reviews of the company’s financial statements
- Assist with the development and documentation of new or enhanced accounting policies and procedures and subsequently assists with monitoring adequacy of such controls
- Provides feedback and coaching via formal and informal performance management
- Implement monthly, quarterly and annual general ledger closing procedures, assisting in preparation of financial package in accordance with GAAP and corporate standards: balance sheet/income statement/statement of cash flows
- Assist in the accounting, reconciliation, and financial analysis for general ledger activities as assigned.
- Resolve issues for internal customers and staff by providing timely and accurate responses to inquiries.
- Analyze financial information on a regular basis to identify, minimize and control any risks in accounts and then reports timely to management the results
- Ensure timely communication as well as follow up of activity/project progress as well as any identified issues to management
- Review account reconciliations and journal entries of staff accountants for appropriateness and accuracy
- Participate in or lead various ad hoc and other accounting projects
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILTIES
- Job is directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required; CPA preferred
- 3-5 years of accounting experience is ideal
- Possess math skills sufficient to perform required duties
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience