Job ID: EB-1110707215
Tekberry is seeking a highly qualified, motivated and hands-on Patient Accounting Specialist for our client, a world-class, award winning healthcare facility in Sonoma County, CA.
- The Patient Accounting Specialist – Cash Poster is responsible preparing all incoming mail and over the counter cash for posting and bank deposit.
- Posts and reconciles all money deposited to the bank on a daily basis.
- Posts all contractual adjustments and other related transactions associated with bank deposited cash. Ensures that the accounts receivable cash is relieved through cash and adjustment posting in a timely and accurate manner.
- Corrects errors in a timely and appropriate manner that may be found through self-review, department leadership and colleagues.
- Appropriately maintains unapplied cash in a timely and responsible manner. Assures that cash is posted daily.
- Resolves credit balances as necessary.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate or GED
- Two years related experience
- Knowledge of HMS and/or Cerner Patient Accounting systems preferred.
- Strong follow through skills
- Medical terminology knowledge
- Ability to handle stress and pressure.
- Ability to handle heavy work load and multi task
- Basic accounting knowledge and medical terminology.
- Excellent math skills; ability to work with a calculator.
- Strong ability to communicate with others; excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.