General Position Summary
This position is responsible for performing as a Back-up for accounts payable and receivable functions as well as other clerical accounting duties.
Essential Job Functions
Accounts Payable – 85%
- Provides COGS and Expense payable information to the outsource service agent.
- Audits invoices against purchase orders and research discrepancies; forward to management for payment approval.
- Records the payment information into GP by coding for general ledgers and files invoices.
- Prints Aging Reports to verify payment dates and pay periods.
- Files a copy of accounts payable checks.
- Prepares commission checks monthly.
- Answers all vendor inquiries.
- Keeps invoice and reimbursed expense balance on appropriate reports.
- Conducts Cash Disbursement Reports to review and submits for approval to Manager.
- Arranges bank transfer among affiliates.
- Reconciles aging payables for month end closing.
- Prepares and files monthly/quarterly/yearly Sales Tax and reconciles general ledgers for each state; maintains files.
Other & Miscellaneous - 15%
- Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the workplace.
- Reports all irregular issues and problems to supervisors for solution.
- Maintains good communication with supervisors, office staff members and outside contacts.
- Complies with all company policies and procedure.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work area.
Job Dimensions (skills, knowledge & abilities)
Essential Job Dimensions
Accuracy, Attendance & Punctuality, Attention to Detail, Bookkeeping, Clerical, Communication: Speaking, Reading and Writing English, Confidentiality, Dependability/Reliability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Initiative, Listening & Understanding, Math Skills, Monitoring/Control, Multi-Tasking, Office Equipment Usage, Order Processing, Personal Computer Usage, Planning & Organizing, Problem-Solving, Team Participation, Time Management, Typing Skills
Education & Work Experience
- High School diploma; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Between two to four years of previous experience in a similar position.