The Accounting Manager reports directly to the company’s president. Direct reports include the Accounting Specialist and the HR & Benefits Administrator.
- Manage the company’s financial and accounting activities.
- Serve as a member of the management teams.
- Maintain the integrity of the companies’ financial statements, as well as, support management on business decisions.
- Perform month-end closing duties including preparing journal entries, reviewing financial accounts, and performing account reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly cost center report packages.
- Prepare monthly company financial reports.
- Prepare monthly forecasts.
- Evaluate opportunities for cost-saving initiatives.
- Perform other related analytical duties as required.
- Serve as the point person for banking, accounting, and tax relationships with third parties.
- Provide various other ad hoc reports as needed.
- Hire, train, and retain skilled accounting & HR staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related discipline.
- 5+ years of job-specific work experience required.
- CPA is a plus
- In-depth understanding of GAAP, financial accounting principles, and practices, specifically as they apply to costing, capital expenditure, budgeting, and internal reporting.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment, and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers, and senior management.
- Ability to present and explain business and financial information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
Click here to apply online