Accounting Manager- Macon area ( onsite)
The Accounting Manager will support financial operations by performing complex accounting services related to preparing, analyzing, maintaining, filings, various financial statements, accounting records and reports. The position will be ensuring that accurate accounting records are maintained, accounting practices are consistent with corporate accounting policies and procedures, participating in accounting process enhancements and system improvement projects.
This position will report to the Controller.
- Manage and supervise the accounting department and other employees working in the accounting department.
- Recruits and hires accounting and financial staff and conducts performance evaluations.
- Coordinates training programs for new staff and identifies training needs for current staff.
- Assist accounting staff in preparation of monthly general and standard journal entries, account reconciliations, and various other business activity reports for all entities as needed.
Lead month end close process ensuring proper closure of all sub-ledgers.
- Prepare income and balance sheet statements for all operating and non-operating entities. ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
- Prepare Federal, State, and other regulatory reports, ensuring compliance with established guidelines; keep informed of governmental regulations and procedures affecting the institution's finance and accounting procedures. (various forms)
- Supervise completion of sales tax returns
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- Eight years or more of related experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
Base salary 100k-110k plus EXCELLENT Benefits including 401k with a match.
Please send your resume to Andree@Stafffinancial.com
for immediate considerationClick here to apply online