This is a bilingual (English/Japanese) position that is responsible for the Company’s accounting activities.
Is responsible for the accurate and efficient preparation of the Company’s monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, development of accounting policies/regulations, for delivery of financial results to the Company’s parent company and for daily cash flow management.
In addition, provides daily work supervision and oversight to the Accounting department’s support staff and provides professional advice to senior management regarding the financial performance of the Company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Achieve accounting and company goals and mission
- Provides a leadership role in all aspects of the company's accounting/financial operations
- Creates accounting policies and procedures and ensures that all established policies, rules and regulations are followed
- Manages the accounting / financial functions to provide accurate and timely financial information and reports to CFO and the Parent company as scheduled
- Performs the day-to-day management and supervision of the Accounting department including identifying and solving problems, verifying that documents are correct, and supervising employees as needed
- Trains, evaluates and reviews departmental employees
- Provides oversight to overseas subsidiaries
- Resolves outstanding problems pointed out by auditors and places a high priority on resolution
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Manages day-to-day accounting operations and ensure that there is a redundant process back up in place for every critical operation including, but not limited to, the followings:
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Responds to inquiries from other departments, the management, executive teams and the parent company regarding financial results, special reporting requests
- Manages commercial banking relationships to facilitate an appropriate credit resource under highly competitive terms.
- Monitors daily cash flows to maximizes return and limit risk on cash by minimizing bank balances.
- Monitors debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Develops foreign currency hedging strategies and buy forward contracts at the best rates as budgeted.
- Takes responsibility for bank account administrative tasks including signer and user setup changes.
- Monitors entries in the general ledger on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy of posting.
- Coordinates the monthly book close and perform account reconciliation review and analysis.
- Reviews subsidiaries’ financial statements and prepare consolidated financial statements.
- Performs financial analysis, monitor variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Develops monthly, quarterly and yearly accounting reports for the management, executive teams and the parent company.
- Assists the CFO to prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Prepares meeting materials by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends as necessary.
[OTHER & MISCELLANEOUS]
- Coordinates the year-end financial audit and preparing schedules and documents for external financial auditors.
- Assists in the compilation of information for the Company’s annual tax returns.
- Complies with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the work place
- Reports all irregular issues and problems to supervisors for solution.
- Maintains good communication with supervisors, office staff members and outside contacts.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean and safe working area.
- Performs other accounting duties, as required or requested by the CFO.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role.
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all level of an organization.
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results.
- Knowledge of employee relationship building and performance management techniques.
- Experience with JD Edwards or other ERP systems.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Language : Japanese - Native level / English - Business level