Our client is looking to hire an Accounting Manager with the knowledge and skills to successfully lead and manage a team of 5-10 team members. The successful candidate will act as a culture leader, as well as managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This role will report to the VP of Finance and partner regularly with other executives and departments.
The Accounting Manager provides a high degree of accounting support and performs a variety of accounting tasks of moderate complexity and a high level of confidentiality. They perform a variety of work utilizing judgment within prescribed standards (US GAAP) and procedures. The candidate will be heavily involved in month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close processes.
- Oversee an accounting team and build and mentor and develop new staff members.
- Prepare or review complex journal entries related to ASC 606
- Lead month end close procedures for assigned groups including bank and balance reconciliations
- Lead the commission calculation process to ensure timely and accurate payments
- Oversee as needed commissions adjustments while keeping detailed documentation.
- Takes proactive steps to prepare for continued growth
- Maintains a documented system of Accounting policies and procedures specific to role.
- Looks for opportunities to improve the organization, business segments, and processes.
- Brings issues and discrepancies to appropriate leader, while identifying potential solutions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or another Finance-related field.
Must have 3-5 years of successful leadership experience working in accounting/finance in a management
Strong analytical, communication, and evaluation skills.
Experience interacting with senior management.
Experience interacting with external parties, including clients.
Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and the banking system.
Ability to work and make decisions in a timely manner both independently as well as collaboratively with
team members that are in the best interest of the client and the company.
Superior organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work in a team environment.
Proficient in Excel and the willingness to learn new systems as required.
Retirement industry experience is a plus.
Experience with IRS compliance and other tax filings a plus.
Familiarity with Great Plains preferred.
This position will offer part-time remote work. Flexibility is
available based on company and team needs.