Our client, a Top Dallas company has an immediate need for an Accounting Manager. Duties:
• Ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and consistency of the accounting of financial statements for both internal and external reporting in accordance with accounting policies, GAAP and other statutory or government reporting guidelines
• Lead the operational excellence and quality of the Accounting functions which includes general accounting (JE prep and approval, reconciliations, month end close processes, consolidations, etc.,)
• Lead balance sheet reconciliation process including approval, ensuring all items are accurately reconciled with potential opportunities and risks clearly identified.
• Create and sustain a culture of continuous improvement to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of accounting operations.
• Lead analysis and management of key performance indicators and service level agreements for Accounting activities and proactively take actions to improve performance as appropriate.
• Provide GAAP guidance and support to the organization to ensure compliance.
• Monitor accounting and financial reporting internal controls as well as key operational management controls
• Lead a strong team that provides proactive support and results-driven execution of responsibilities to meet the current and future needs of the business.
• Remain abreast of best practices and trends relevant to accounting and related technologies. Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree required (Business Administration or Accounting strongly preferred)
• MBA and/or CPA preferred, Big 4 experience a plus
• Seven + years of experience with 1-2 years of experience in a management or leader role
• Proven ability to drive process improvements.
• Oracle financial experience required.
• Experience with Capital Expenditure concepts, Fixed Assets, Purchase Order processes and concepts and maintenance contracts.
• Strong knowledge of GAAP, internal controls, financial reporting
• Some travel may be required. For immediate consideration, please email your resume to William
Click here to apply online