Our client is creating a role for an accounting leader at their Corporate HQ here in the Tampa Bay Area. He/she will play a vital role in making key accounting policy decisions and ensuring compliance. As the company continues to grow at a rapid pace, this person will work closely with colleagues in various departments on reporting accounting results to senior management. This role is 100% Remote.
- Assist in the timely preparation of accurate financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and internal reporting requirements.
- Prepare timely and accurate analysis of financial reports, budgets and financial trends and presents findings and recommendations to top management.
- Prepare and analyze budgets, variance analysis and cost statistics for internal control and external reporting use.
- Manage all monthly, quarterly and year-end closings, including year-end audit support and the assist with the preparation of internal and external consolidated financial statements.
- Oversee the general ledger and related accounting activities, ensuring accurate and timely processing of transactions and compliance with internal policies.
- Reconcile accounts as required for monthly or annual closing; promptly research and appropriately resolve any discrepancies/issues identified in this process.
- Support the preparation and filing of reports and statements required to be submitted to external agencies for statutory compliance.
- Lead and support ad hoc special projects as required.
- Assist with accounting and finance integration activities.
- Manage a Staff of 5 - 6 employees
- Bachelor's in Accounting from accredited four-year college, CPA preferred
- 3+ years of hands-on accounting management experience (managing a team of 3+)
- Excellent communication skills
- Technical knowledge and a thorough understanding of accounting practices, particularly as it relates to ensuring compliance with GAAP; financial knowledge and understanding of key financial measures and accounting methods
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize; detail oriented
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete projects independently within established timeframes
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Must be proficient with a large ERP system, Microsoft Dynamics a plus